Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Thinking About Writing a Book

I would really like to get some feedback on this. This has been on my mind for a while and it would really mean a lot to me if people told me what their thoughts were on it.

I am thinking about writing a book on the dangers of the internet. I have felt for a long time that too few parents really grasp what goes on on the internet. Internet gangs such as 4chan and 7chan, and to a lesser extent Sonic-CulT, present huge dangers on the internet with people going out their way to destory anyone they dislike. Certainly there are members who only intend to have fun, but there are people who are extremely dangerous that go to these sites as well. I'm certainly not declaring war on anyone here, but I do have the urge to get my thoughts out. I am concerned for young children who find their way on the internet and discover these sites. I think parents need to be better informed on these kinds of things because I really feel they're out of the loop of what goes on for the most part.

I don't know if I'd have the patience to write a book or not to be honest, but I see a need to educate as many parents as possible. Certainly I've seen a lot of internet activity over the years, so I feel I'm more than qualified to do the educating.

No comments: