Tuesday, June 23, 2009

ProSonic Progress Report

The progress on the engine is steady, but it is slow in terms of how many goals of my 7-point plan are actually being accomplished. I have had a background layer for a good while now, and more recently the scripting language (although no MMF-like event editor to work with it.) The other day, I got the configuration file working so that key bindings, screen resolution settings, and other options can be set there instead of using hard-coded defaults.

I am planning to work on step #4 of my plan next. I have a few ideas of how I want to do it. I haven't decided which idea to go with yet. I will be making up my mind very soon though.

On the side, I've also been doing some extra things to the engine not part of the plan. The hope is that I can claim more than one front which to grab people's attention for the next major release which I'm planning for September. I'm sorry to say I won't have the 7-point plan completed by late July which is when SAGE '09 is.

As it currently stands, I'd say I'm about 40% complete in regards to where I want the engine to be by September. Keep in mind that I've done a lot of other things to the engine outside the 7-point plan, so it's different in more than seven ways.

No comments: