Sunday, January 06, 2008

My Plans for Projects

College is going to start up very soon. When it does, I will once again turn my focus away from any projects I'm involved in and concentrate on school work. I did really well last semester (for a change) and I intend to continue that success and prove that I can be successful in life. That requires work, so don't expect a whole lot from me the next couple months. Of course I will still post here, but talk about ProSonic and my Kid Chameleon level editor will be at a minimum (I think it's fair to say that discussion about projects is already rare as it is).

I am pondering the possibility of taking on ProSonic entirely myself again. I have been criticized, quite rudely by one or two people, for not marketing ProSonic well enough. They say that if I market it correctly, that I could get people to work on it. Those people don't have a clue what they're talking about in my blunt opinion. If anyone actually laid eyes on the source code for the ProSonic engine, they'd understand why I can't market it the way they'd all like me to. It's not good enough, and I can't keep hyping something without the ability to prove anything. Don't get me wrong, I haven't misled anyone about my engine -- everything I have said it does (or did at one point) is entirely true. In it's current state, I can't motivate anyone to do any work for me. It's going to be up to me, so in a couple months when I'm not very busy, I am considering working on the engine again.

As for my Kid Chameleon level editor, it has come pretty far since the last time I wrote in this blog. It decompresses the maps and artwork for the game and loads them perfectly. The editor can change all the tiles, and there are a few features in it I feel makes the editor fairly interesting. The level editor is actually based on "Act 1", which is the level editor I designed from the ProSonic source code. Of course it's heavily modified and improved on to work well with Kid Chameleon. I have tested modified maps in the game, and they work quite well. There are many things this editor doesn't do yet that it needs to do, but I may release a public demonstration soon for anyone interested in modifying levels for the game. For now, here are two screen shots of the editor:

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What about finishing creating the level editor for Kid Chameleon? It was supposed to be released in early 2008, but it could take forever.

Thrall said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Thrall said...

I would have loved a level editor for this game...

Anonymous said...

Any progress on the Kid Chameleon Editor? If you are still looking for a Web host for it, consider http://brinkster.com as it offers free accounts with a decent amount of storage space.