Saturday, July 07, 2007

Transformers Left me Underwhelmed

I saw the new Transformers movie Friday night. I have to say I was a little disappointed. I was with my friend, and I told him that it was going to be awesome. He said "we'll see", and then I jokingly told him that I'd have to hurt him if he dared say it wasn't good. I mean after all, Optimus Prime is in it! He's the man... or "bot" I guess I should say!

Initially I was surprised at how quickly the movie seemed to pick up, but it was only a temporary feeling. After the first hour, I still wasn't at the edge of my seat. I became rather bored watching it. It just wasn't very exciting. One problem was there was too much focus on the humans, and minimal focus on the transformers. There was also very minimal battle in the movie. Even the battle between Megatron and Optimus Prime left me feeling a little empty. Optimus Prime seemed to give up too easily, which is certainly not like him when you look at how he was in the original cartoon.

Finally, there was way too much hype throughout the movie. They tried way to hard to make it look "cool" when there wasn't much backbone there to begin with. I love humor, but they used it a little too often in the movie, and that in my opinion took away from the potentially "cool" feeling of the movie. The humor was more of a distraction than anything.

I won't tell you it's a bad movie -- I modestly liked it, but it wasn't at all what it's been hyped up to be. If you go to see it, lower your expectations slightly and I think you'll tend to like it more.

Oh, and ironically my friend thought it was absolutely great. Maybe I should kill him for saying that... I'll think on it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Se você quiser linkar meu blog no seu eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. (If you speak English can see the version in English of the Camiseta Personalizada. If he will be possible add my blog in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).