Friday, February 23, 2007

A Bunch of Things to Mention

Alright, for those new to my blog and have never heard of "ProSonic", it's a game engine I've been programming for over a year now. It essentially is an enhanced replica of the original Sonic the Hedgehog game engine. This means you can make Sonic games that play like the originals. This also means it can share data used in the original games if desired.

Now as far as updates on the engine, I have worked on it a little bit as of late, but I'm waiting for a response from StephenUK to an e-mail I sent him. I'm not sure if he got it or not, but basically I'm looking for his opinion or guess on a bug in the engine. I have fixed a couple minor bugs in the past few days, but something is terribly wrong with the stage swapping functionality. For anyone who doesn't understand, stage swapping is a feature that will be available in the ProSonic engine for such things as time travel.

Also, I'd like to mention something kind of funny that happened today. Someone out of the blue just decided to message me. I think they saw a picture of me or something. Below is our conversation (I'm 'niftyguy101').

xodancefevaxo: hey there goodlooking
niftyguy101: Howdy do
xodancefevaxo: whats shakin bacon
niftyguy101: Well my butt's in the chair, so not much
right now ^_^
xodancefevaxo: mine too
niftyguy101: So who's this I'm speaking to?
xodancefevaxo: shavonda
xodancefevaxo: who is this
niftyguy101: This is Damian, son of satan (lol, okay
minus the latter part)
xodancefevaxo: okay PECAE
*** xodancefevaxo's IC window is closed


I tried to speak to her again, but she refused any contact. I guess I offended her! I thought it was kind of funny though.

Oh, and I must say I'm amazed over the responses I have gotten at YouTube over a video I posted. I've always known the YouTube audience was full of jerks, but I'm being called names simply because I'm a nice guy who wanted to make someone feel better! These guys don't know what they're talking about. I've been called ugly, told that my dressing style is horrible, gay, and everything else. There have been a few people who have actually told me that they wish there were more people in the world like me (that made me feel special!) I have to say though that I'm playing this by the "any publicity is good publicity" mindset. I've tried to make YouTube a more interesting way to put my creativity out there to the world. The one time that I use it to do something for someone else instead of myself, I get a spike in the number of viewers and responses. So I'm holding my head up above all the criticism, because deep down I know that they're really just giving me exactly what I wanted in the first place (ironically at a time when I wasn't even trying for it). If you want to see the video I'm talking about, it's available here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM!