Friday, April 06, 2007

Recognition

Today in my band class, we began "Johnny B Good". For a change, I sort of felt like I had control over the music. I'm much more knowledgeable with rock & roll and swing, so I knew exactly what to put into the song when I played it. The other horn players followed me.

I asked my instructor if he'd be willing to have a saxophone solo in the song, and he gave me the okay for it. So I played a solo and people seemed to really like it. It felt good to get that recognition, because I usually stand back and stay pretty quiet. I don't like to step on anyone's feet or anything like that, but I wanted to shine just on one song for a change.

Oh and I think I have a fan of my videos on YouTube! He gave me this video response to a video I did for the YouTube super star Daxflame. He sounds like he really enjoys my videos don't you think?! The way I see it is any publicity is good publicity. If someone took the time to make a video response, I'm doing something right because that means I'm getting stronger reactions out of people.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Daxflame is an actor. He is fake.

Damian said...

Thank you Captain Obvious