Wednesday, October 03, 2007

David Letterman and Paris Hilton

I am not the typical person to get excited over celebrities being bashed and such. I think celebrities are just like regular people too and generally deserve slightly better treatment than they get as far as the media is concerned. Sometimes I also feel we treat celebrities too good, and that can be bad as well.

I have to say though that I really do not care for Paris Hilton at all. I sympothize for some celebrities who run into trouble (believe it or not, Britney Spears is one of them, and I don't even like her), but not her. She's a spoiled little brat who is used to getting everything her way. Those kinds of people weren't disciplined the way they should have when they were younger, and so now they prance around like the whole world owes them somehow.

Recently on The Late Show with David Letterman, Paris went on and had to sit as Dave poked fun at the whole situation with her being in jail and such. Some people didn't find it appropriate, but I for one did. As I said she's a spoiled brat, and so I think that what Dave did was completely warrented. He made fun of the situation and made her feel bad, but he did it without being mean and instead made people laugh about it. I think Dave did exactly what he should have. People like her need to be made to think about their actions. It's especially bad because she's a role model for younger girls, so an example needed to be made out of Paris.

You can watch the exchange between David Letterman and Paris Hilton below:

No comments: