Thursday, February 23, 2006

Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah

I've been singing that song all day. I finally found an MP3 of it. It definitely could work as a theme song for my character. I like having positive thoughts, talking positive about my day, and looking forward to more positives to come my way. That's definitely a zip-a-dee-doo-dah day!

I'm also having a zip-a-dee-doo-dah day because Project Build has stalled for a little bit. Now that might sound bad, but really it has given me a little more flexibility to fit in time for other things. College work is a really good example. I am very up-beat about my Java class because what looked to me to be a dreadful course for me is turning around. I love programming, but my Java class is beyond boring. It's super-boring! So now that I'm beginning to get more work done, I can honestly say that I don't mind pushing Project Build to the side a little bit.

Project Build by the way has come quite far. This secret project has features I didn't think it would have originally. With every step of progress I make on it, I feel like I have to do more. It's also good because I don't like where the general Sonic internet community has been heading over the past few years. So I honestly believe that Project Build will change the course entirely. One of my friends said I had a very controlling nature about me, but he said that's not necessarily a bad thing. I think this is one of those situations where I will more or less put myself into a position of control, indirectly of course. I do believe it will benefit everyone and prevent websites like Sonic-CulT from continuing to have the negative impact on the community as they have. The ROM hacking that I once was very involved in, I'm now turning away from and am really confident that this will pull most other people away from it too. A new direction never hurt anyone.

Apart from Project Build, I've been thinking of what I could record. It's been a while since I've recorded any songs. I wanted to do "I Knew I Loved You", but I never finished it. I wanted to do "So In Love", but I never finished that either. I thought about writing a new song, but I never did. It doesn't help that I haven't touched my saxophone in at least two months. For any musician, my best advice is to "practice, practice, practice". I'm not living up to what I preach, and that's not like me as a musician. Whenever I do pick up my horn again, I'll certainly be ready to record something that I think everyone will be able to enjoy. The ironic thing about that is I usually like what others don't care for! I think for people who have been following me over the past couple years, Huey Lewis covers get old after a while, so I try to keep the creativity alive. I'll come up with something, I just need more time.

No comments: