Sunday, June 04, 2006

Attempting To Make ProSonic For Everyone

Because of the heavy split over how many colors to use, I've decided to make resolution settings configurable by the designers. I plan to support both 8-bit and 16-bit color, as well as 320x200, 320x240, 640x400, and 640x480 resolutions. To compromise for 320x224 (the resolution used by the Sega Genesis), I decided to have a second setting that tells how much of the screen to blit. So you could be running 320x240, but only have the game blit 320x224 onto the screen. This is for backwards compatibility. So over the next couple days, I'm going to attempt to support multiple resolutions so the designer can make the decision what works best for his/her Sonic game. I think this is a fair compromise. Everyone will get what they want out of it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is superb.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE YOU.

Anonymous said...

Saxman is Saxy =P