Monday, July 24, 2006

ProSonic Notebook Idea

I came up with another formula recently for my ProSonic engine. This formula was used to create a table of values for the player's acceleration rate on different slopes. While I was working on this formula, I thought of an idea. I figured it'd be a neat idea to put the formulas and other types of information into a document to be made available for download. It would be the "ProSonic Notebook". It would basically outline how many things are done in the ProSonic engine. I thought of a similar idea before, but that was done using PowerPoint.

I still have to implent some code to make exceptions. By this I mean modify the values under certain conditions. There are a couple exceptions in the original games, and it's important that ProSonic is coded to handle these same exceptions. In addition to that, I still need to fix the collision detection. It sometimes thinks the player is off the ground when that simply isn't true. Once it detects the player as not touching ground, it messed up the rest of the movement by allowing the player to go completely off track. I want the player to be able to run down a hill without any problems. I'm not sure where the problem is, but I'll rewrite the collision code if I have to.

No comments: