Me and Audrey are going to get together this week to have some fun. We'll be up in NY which means that I will be away from projects for a little bit. That doesn't necessarily mean I won't be able to add to my blog, but it might. I figure because of this, I'll go ahead and present a little news on the ProSonic engine while I'm still here.
First of all, I have updated the FAQ. You can check it out here. There were a few things that needed changing, and I added to it as well.
Second, I've been working on redoing my algorithms for movement and such. I understand how the original Sonic engine did what it did, but sometimes it's trick to put these things into code. For the past month, I've been paying attention to some flaws in my engine, and I figure it's about time I do something about them. I'm redoing the way the movement is handled, and I really think it'll be a major improvement. After all, the goal is to make sure the movement and such is identical to that of the original engine, so I have to do it right.
Once I fix all of this, my engine may very well be prepared to move into a new phase of development. I will be selecting people to test my work. I will only be handing it over to a few people. Be prepared for this as I will be keeping tabs on the feedback I get from these people and making it public with their permission.