Friday, April 07, 2006

Dude, I Got A Dell!

Woohoo! My new computer is up and running, and I must say that this thing is a lot faster than the other two machines I worked with for years. I have transferred some of my stuff over to the new computer, but there's more to be done still. I have decided to keep the older machines though for when I need to test software on something old.

I've never actually tried DOS emulation under Windows XP until now. I must say that although it works, it's a little slow! I was expecting it to be a bit faster. Using Genecyst to play Sega Genesis games on my computer will never quite be the same again.

I finally got my car to the garage today. The transmission has been slipping real bad, so the dealership is going to look at it. I am praying it won't cost as much as it could potentially cost. The only thing I know is the longer I wait, the worse it gets. So I figured it was time to get something done about it. They won't be able to actually look at it until Monday though.

I have taken a break from writing my ProSonic game engine by the way. I will resume perhaps in a few days, possibly a week from now. Everyone needs a break once in a while. I have other hobbies besides programming, and music is one of them. As soon as I can find my "Sonar 2" CD, I can install the program and begin recording. I don't know where it is at the moment. Sometimes, I don't know where my head is either.

1 comment:

Joe said...

How does your engine work in comparison to E02? When I played it, it seemed a perfect working replica of the Sonic engine - I'm just wondering what sort of 'niche' yours fills. :)