Saturday, April 15, 2006

Going To Try Another Song

It seems to me that most people don't believe All Shook Up is my best work. I figured since so many people liked So In Love, they might like the new song I put out. I have gotten positive feedback, but it's definitely not to the same degree. And a friend of mine on AIM told me to never do the song again! I wasn't offended because he said it nicely, and at least he was honest. Perhaps it's because the song is more laid back. I don't have a voice like Elvis, but I thought it was a neat song to try anyway.

I am working on another one though. I'm working to really perfect it and make it sound nice. I'm sure everyone will recognize it -- "Jump" from Van Halen. I love that song. I don't know when it'll be done though. It's been a long time since I last did a pop song ("Live It Up" was the last one, and that song really just 'bordered' traditional pop).

On another note, I must say waxing sucks! I have been waxing my dad's trailer lately, and I can't hardly use my arm by the end of the day. Wax on, wax off, wax on, wax off... hard work! It needs about 2 or 3 more coats after I finish the first one I'm putting on. I never want to wax anything in my life again!

Oh, and I'm curious about Flash. I know there are tools from Macromedia to make Flash movies, but I haven't been able to figure out exactly what is involved in making them. Do I have to know a language, or is it as easy as 'point-and-click'? If someone could give me information on this, it would be great. I'm sort of interested in doing some Flash movies, but I just want to know what I'd be up against before actually getting any software.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, you'll have to get ahold of a copy of Macromedia Flash (the actual program, not the free plug-in). I actually just bought a copy of Flash a couple months ago and I've just begun learning about it a bit in school and on my own. I'm hoping to do a cartoon series, eventually... Most of it is "point-and-click," but it's not exactly easy. You can animate either frame-by-frame or by "tweening," which is creating a start and a finish frame and flash filling in the rest based on what you tell it to do. There is also something called actionscript, which is a language that you can use for more complex tasks. It is actually the same thing as Javascript.