Wednesday, April 05, 2006

New Computer Coming

Alrighty, after 7 long years, I'm finally getting a new computer! I will still keep my two current computers because they are useful to testing programs for speed and such (which will be a big factor to test for with my ProSonic engine). The computer has been ordered and will arrive hopefully in a couple days. It's a Dell with these specifications:

- Pentium 4-HT at 2.8GHz (800MHz front-side bus)
- 512MB RAM (2 dimms)
- Windows XP Home Edition
- 80GB Hard Drive
- 12X DVD/CD writer
- Intel Extreme Graphics 2 IC

Now, I realize the Intel graphics chip isn't that great. From my understanding, it runs Doom 3 at about 5-6 fps. That's a drag because I wanted to finally get that game. Oh well, I will live. The computer at the very least is a heck of a lot better than both of my Pentium II machines.

I want to record a new song, but I have decided to wait for the new computer first. Most people probably don't realize how much of a pain it is to record on my fastest Pentium II machine -- I can mix about 5 tracks with effects, but after that, it drops out constantly because it can't keep up with the demand. So hopefully the new computer will solve that problem and allow me to get a new song out with more ease. I don't know what song I will do because there are too many I want to do. Plus I still need to get that instrumental version of my SatAM cover ready so Heart of Blue can sing on it.

That reminds me, check out his site at http://www.the-little-planet.com. He still has more to add to it, but he does have some interesting content there so far. I think it has the potential to become a good site.

No comments: