Saturday, May 20, 2006

Here Comes Dr. Tran!

Pulsarcat from the FUS forums made a post about Dr. Tran. Before I read it, I had no clue who or what Dr. Tran was. After watching the movie, I can safely say it's one of the funniest things I've seen on the internet! If you have never seen it, I strongly recommend checking it out here. It's 7 minutes out of your day that I am certain will be worth it. I should mention if you don't like mild language or slight adult-suggestive themes, you might not like this.

A friend has a Sonic message board, and I'd like to take this time now to promote it. It is new, but there are plenty of forums on it for you to post in. He's a great guy, and I'm sure he'd welcome everyone there. Even if you decide not to join, at least take a peak at it. You can go to it here.

Lately I've been thinking about my two books on mortgages. I'm still only 21 and have no plans to have a house of any kind right now, but my dad has always taught me that there's a lot of money involved there, so I figure it would be an important read. The first book I have is Barron's Mortgage Payments which is an entire pocket-sized guide listing prices with different interest rates under different terms. My dad went over with me how principal payments and such work. The other book is The Pocket Mortgage Guide. It basically has detailed information on how it all works and ties together. Reading about mortgages has been on my mind these past few days, so I think I will try and find some time to read these two books. Problem is I'm a slow reader. Luckily I'm taking a reading improvement class at my college over the summer, so maybe it'll help me some so I can get into this mortgage stuff a little more relaxed and a little faster paced.

I also have a small update on the SatAM game. I got word from my scenery artist that the first scene is coming along fairly well. She has more time to do the work now than she had before. I'm hoping for something I can use pretty soon. I'm going to do my very best to keep my promise to have screen shots available by the end of the month.

No comments: