Wednesday, May 03, 2006

School's Out

I'm finally done with exams! I will have some more free time now, which means I can get more work done on some of my projects.

First thing I started to do was port my ProSonic source code over to a Windows platform. Apparently it's not as easy as I thought it would be. I haven't been successful in doing that yet, but at the very least I can get a window to show up. It crashes on part of my code, and I don't really understand why. This doesn't necessarily mean I'll ignore the DOS platform, but with a new computer that has Windows XP on it, it's hard for me to test it. I don't have enough electrical outlets to hook up my other computer at the same time. If you don't know, DOS emulation isn't the fastest thing in the world. Windows 95/98/ME do a much better job at it than the NT platforms. Because of this, my game engine looks choppy on this computer. A Windows port would fix that. Once I get the Windows port working, I'll release some more screen shots.

Also, I have officially started programming the SatAM RPG I was planning before. In addition, I have a background artist who will be helping me out -- Kaptain H! She has awesome artwork and I thought she'd be the perfect choice for background artist. There will likely be other people on the project too, but right now I am just focusing on a couple things at a time. Those couple things are being taken care of.

No comments: