Friday, March 31, 2006

Things I Gots To Write About

I went to school and had to finish a paper right after class so I wouldn't get a grade penalty on it. As a result, I used up part of my lunch hour. I finished it, but then I had to get home as soon as I could so I could actually have time to eat. So when I got home, I had about 7 minutes to before I had to leave for work! I ate my lunch as quick as I could, and then I went on out the door. I got to work 5 minutes late (no big deal to them thankfully) and had to work for 5 hours. Now it wouldn't have been so bad if I had been able to have part of my lunch time to relax. But since I didn't, I wasn't too happy about that!

I finally got my Sonic Boom CD back. It was at my mom's house. I started to miss it, so I went down and got it. I absolutely love that CD! I've always been a fan of the music from Sonic CD (the American version), and my favorite tune is "Workbench Workout". It's danceable, funky, has a great beat, everything! So lately I've been playing it on my keyboard. I am thinking of doing a recording of it, so look out for a saxified version of the song.

Also, I often get the question "why doesn't ProSonic support MP3 files?" I got it again recently on a message board, and so I will answer that question. The reason for it is because of the legal issues with it. If ProSonic was to be used to make a game (non-Sonic) that could be sold, for it to be legal to sell you could not use the MP3 format. Using MP3s means you have to pay royalties for it. Why bother when you can get the same quality sound without paying royalties using the OGG format? So I am having it only support MIDI and OGG files, and more recently the enhanced Genesis/32X sound emulation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Using OGG format is a great idea :)

Can't wait to hear more about your ProSonic engine!